88% Of Companies Say Mobile Optimisation Is More Important Than Ever
Today we are taking a look at an infographic by Get Satisfaction that looks at the rise of the responsive web and why it’s so critical to make sure your website works in all devices and offers a good experience for every user.
Some of the key statistics in the infographic are:
- By 2014 mobile internet usage will be higher than desktop internet usage
- Half of all local searches are through mobile devices
- 88% of companies see mobile and tablet optimisation as “much more important” or “more important” in 2013 than in 2012
- The average conversion rate is higher for those companies who invest in site optimisation than those who do not
- By the end of 2013 there will be more mobile devices than the world’s total population
- 67% of shoppers start on one device and continue purchases on another
You can find many more gems in the below image. For a higher quality version simply click on the image.
Source: Get Satsifaction and Column Five
What are your thoughts on responsive design and mobile optimisation? Please leave them below.
Share this post