37 Reasons Why You Need To Use Google Authorship
Google authorship is becoming an increasingly important consideration for websites and the people who write for them. Although its effectiveness as a ranking signal is still up for debate, getting the basics in place sooner rather than later is still very important.
The below Infographic by IMI looks at this in more detail and some of the key considerations included are:
- With authorship Google can show an author’s photo, link to their Google+ profile, the number of circles they are in and links to more results for the author.
- Google use this data to form a view of the author, along with engagement, number of shares, external engagement, comments and more.
- Authorship is an attempt to eliminate duplicated content, reduce spam, strengthen search results and connect authors to their content.
- Google authorship can help increase CTR’s by 30%-150% and 17% of Google queries include at least one instance of author verification in the first 100 search results.
- To improve your chances of being seen as an authoritative figure post relevant content, interact with other users and write content for different websites.
The views expressed in this Infographic are those of the original creator so may not represent those of the Koozai team.
Share this post