12 Strategies to Get More Inward Links
On the 12th day of Xmas…
Links are the backbone of any good search engine marketing strategy and below are 12 ways you can get quality inward one way links to your website:
- Directories – submit your website to quality directories such as Yahoo, BOTW and DMOZ. Being in these directories can not only get you links from very credible places but also generate traffic and also other links.
- Forums – contribute to forums in your niche and use your website link in your signature as you will gain links and also be seen as a contributor to your industry.
- Articles – create them specific to your niche and submit them to places like Ezine articles as people will pick them up and use them on their websites.
- Press Releases – Submit these online to places like PRWeb as you can find you get local or national media coverage and have your press release published anywhere on the web.
- Social Bookmarking – If you have a really good article or piece of content that you have posted to your website then be sure to ask associates to review it and tag it through places such as Digg and StumbleUpon as this can go viral very quickly.
- Wikipedia – Add your website or product only if it is credible and suitable as if you attempt to spam this resource you will get banned straight away and have your entry removed.
- Answer Questions – Use Yahoo Answers and Google Groups to answer questions and link to relevant resources, not always yours but if its relevant then why not.
- Hub Pages – Set up pages for your products or service on social hub sites like Squidoo and Hub Pages and use these to link through to your website.
- Start a Blog – Publish great content regularly on your own blog and people will naturally link to it
- Flash games – develop a fun game that can be distributed and that is specific to your industry if its good and more importantly fun people will link to it.
- Tools – offer free tools or services that people will want to link to to add value to their visitors, this will naturally attract links.
- Videos – Publish informative videos on your website that will be of benefit to people in your industry.
Above is only a few ways to develop you inward links but you can get as creative as you need to.
Share this post