How do you make your content stand out from the rest? The teams at LookBookHQ and Beutler Ink believe it’s through telling great stories – and not only have they put together some compelling stats on content consumption online, but they’ve included lots of useful tips on effective storytelling to make your content marketing and digital PR campaigns stand out.
With more content than ever being created and promoted, it’s fair to say the Internet is a busy place these days. For businesses this means getting your message across and not lost in the noise. Whether you’re creating infographics, whitepapers, super-cool blog posts or more advanced pieces of technical content, it’s important for your business to take advantage of effective storytelling and stand out from the crowd.
Some of our favourite insights from their Infographic include:
- Every 60 seconds – 60 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube and 168 million emails are sent.
- With so many different platforms, make sure your content is created and packaged with a coherent narrative so it stands out.
- Approximately 5,000 marketing messages are seen everyday.
- As your brand could easily get lost in these marketing messages – make yours more memorable by telling your story.
- 51% of professional’s time is spent managing information, and not acting on it.
- Manage the information for your audience – tell them the story you want them to hear.
- 79% of people scan read, rather than read every single word.
- Don’t let your content get skimmed – start with a strong headline, hook and opening paragraph.
- Press releases with multimedia achieve 77% more responses than text-only PRs.
- Blog posts with videos added are linked to three times more than text-only posts.
- In the age of information overload, cut through the noise – don’t tell, show.