Koozai is a grown-up digital marketing agency with a modern approach. Our team is built of recognised specialists working on SEO, paid search, paid social, PR and content marketing campaigns for leading brands across many sectors.
You’ll find our main office in Southampton, but most of the time our team can be found all over the UK. If we’re not visiting our clients or speaking at conferences, you’ll find us dotted about in our regional hubs. Our channel specialists are based in and around Southampton, London, and Manchester. We support a remote-working model to attract the very best digital marketing talent that the UK has to offer.
What it’s Like to Work at Koozai
As PR & Content Specialist, you will be leading the implementation of PR and content activity on key client accounts. Working closely with the team, you will be brainstorming, devising and implementing exciting, high quality content and PR campaigns that will build brand awareness for clients, protect and enhance their reputation, build links to support their SEO strategy and help to drive traffic to their websites.
In this role, you will be client-facing, delivering high quality PR/content work, meeting deadlines and providing clients with advice and consultancy. This will include utilising your exceptional writing skills and attention to detail to create engaging content including blogs, on page content and hero content pieces. You will also be regularly writing press releases, link building and pitching stories to journalists (both over email and telephone) to secure regular placements for your clients.
As a team player, you will be working with specialists from across the agency to deliver on a joined-up strategy that gives clients an excellent ROI. You will either already have a good awareness of content marketing and basic SEO principles, or a solid background in PR with a willingness to learn and develop your digital marketing skills.
This is an exciting new position that will likely appeal to someone with experience in PR or content marketing who is either looking to build on their digital skills or gain valuable experience at an ambitious digital marketing agency and as part of a fun, supportive and creative team.
This position also includes the option for flexible and remote working, however the ideal candidate would live within striking distance of our Southampton office and London for regular meetings. However, we are always willing to speak to exceptional candidates who are a little further afield.
- At least two years’ experience in a PR and/or content marketing role
- Experience in delivering PR and/or content campaigns from start to finish; including the ability to develop strategy, research, brainstorming, planning, creation and outreach
- Outstanding writing skills, command of the English language and experience in writing content for different audiences and platforms
- Excellent communication and literary skills
- Previous experience of securing quality media coverage and the ability to develop relationships with journalists and the wider media
- Confident in pitching stories to journalists and speaking to media on the phone
- Able to create succinct and effective client presentations
- Client savvy, comfortable advising clients and presenting on calls and in meetings
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results across multiple clients
- Outstanding organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work closely with the Content & PR team and across departments whilst also being able to work on set individual KPIs
- Willingness to learn and the ability to use online tools and SEO insights with support from the wider agency team
- Ability to be creative while also possessing a results-driven mindset and a proactive approach to work
- The below skills are desirable, however training will be provided (where relevant) to candidates who have the required essential skills in PR or content marketing
- A black book of media contacts and social influencers across travel, lifestyles, tech, finance and automotive
- Experience in travel, finance, hospitality, healthcare and retail sectors
- A solid understanding of the value of links for SEO and link building experience
- A solid understanding of Google Analytics and content management platforms
- Knowledge of SEO principles and other digital marketing disciplines
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing targeted content and PR activities for clients and the agency that tie in with goals and KPIs
- Brainstorming content marketing assets & PR strategies (with consideration of customer journeys and SEO insights) with the wider team
- Promoting our clients’ content, outreaching their campaigns, and proactively pitching story ideas to journalists, bloggers and influencers to gain media coverage and backlinks to our clients’ website
- Using your nose for a story to develop media hooks
- Media monitoring and newsjumping to exploiting the national news agenda for coverage
- Developing, nurturing and building relationships with key media and industry contacts
- Researching and writing press releases, contributing articles and news stories
- Use of PR software databases and distribution platforms to build media lists
- Writing/producing high quality written and visual content assets for clients including blogs, on page content and hero content assets
- Supporting clients with brand/reputation management and crisis management (where necessary) with guidance from your line manager
- Using tools such as Ahrefs to carry out backlink analysis and link reclamation analysis to support the SEO team (training can be provided)
- Deliver content gap analysis to ensure content is targeted for keywords (training can be provided)
- Attending client meetings, confidently presenting PR strategies/results and providing clients with PR and content advice where required
- Attending client pitches where required and presenting to sell-in PR and content to help support new business for the company
- Regular client communication, managing clients, including their expectations, and keeping them up to date at each stage of the project
- Identifying areas for improvement across the team so processes can change and Koozai can provide the best content and PR offering possible
- Attending industry events and keeping up to date with new PR, content and digital marketing techniques
- Updating agency systems, task management and resource planning
Up to £25k dependant on experience.
An Amazing Range of Benefits
So, now we’ve got what we need from you out of the way, we can tell you what you get just for working at Koozai. In fact, there’s so much (including a very competitive salary) that you’ll have to find out more here.
If you’re based in the UK, and are talented, motivated and looking to soar in a digital marketing career, fill in the form below to be considered for this role.
Include your CV, contact details and a covering letter explaining what skills you can bring to Koozai. We’ll ask for a sample of your content writing and campaigns if you make our shortlist.
We look forward to hearing from you.
No recruitment agencies please