Koozai is a grown-up digital marketing agency with a modern approach. Our team is built of recognised specialists working on SEO, paid search, paid social, PR and content marketing campaigns for leading brands across many sectors.
You’ll find our main office at Lee-on-Solent in Hampshire, but most of the time our team can be found all over the UK. We support a remote-working model to attract the very best digital marketing talent that the UK has to offer.
What it’s Like to Work at Koozai
As a PR & Outreach Specialist/Strategist, you will be implementing exciting PR campaigns to generate quality media coverage and links for our clients. Working closely with the content and SEO team, you will be brainstorming, devising, and implementing exciting digital PR campaigns that generate brand awareness for clients and protect and enhance their reputation. A large focus will also be to achieve media coverage with backlinks to support your clients’ websites.
You will be client-facing, meeting deadlines, and providing clients with advice. As well as utilising your excellent writing skills and attention to create press releases and pitch stories to journalists to secure regular media placements for your clients. As a team player, you will be working with specialists from across the agency to deliver on a joined-up strategy that gives clients an excellent ROI. This exciting new position will likely appeal to someone with one or two years’ experience in a PR role, either in-house or agency side.
This position includes flexible and remote working beyond the pandemic, meaning that you’ll be able to work from home while still having the option to meet up and work with colleagues at our Hampshire office once it is safe to do so.
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 2-3+ years’ experience in a PR, content marketing, or outreach role, either in house or agency side
- Experience in delivering PR and/or outreach campaigns; from brainstorming ideas to writing press releases and pitching to journalists
- Experience of (and comfortable with) regularly pitching to journalists (via email and phone) and securing quality media coverage
- Experience in compiling media lists and media targeting
- Good nose for a story, understanding of how the media works, and how to target journalists and writers effectively
- Previous experience in securing quality media coverage and the ability to develop relationships with journalists
- Brilliant command of the English language and experience in writing press releases and email pitches
- Excellent communication and literary skills
- Comfortable in pitching stories to journalists and speaking to media on the phone
- Able to create succinct and effective client presentations
- Client savvy, comfortable advising clients and presenting on calls and in meetings
- Excellent time management/organisational skills and the ability to work to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Happy to work closely with the team members whilst also being able to work on set individual KPIs
- Ability to be creative while also possessing a results-driven mindset and a proactive approach to work
Desirable (But Not Essential) Skills
- A black book of media contacts and social influencers across travel, lifestyles, tech, healthcare, hospitality, finance, or the automotive industries is desirable
- A top-level understanding of basic SEO principles and experience in backlink analysis would be an advantage, however, full training can be provided to the right candidate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Brainstorming and implementing targeted PR campaigns that tie in with goals and KPIs
- Proactively pitching PR stories and content assets to journalists, bloggers, and influencers (with a focus on securing links where possible)
- Dealing with media enquiries and using the news agenda to develop new stories and hooks
- Developing, nurturing, and building relationships with key media
- Researching and writing press releases, contributing articles and news stories
- Use of PR software databases and your own research to build media lists
- Supporting clients with brand/reputation management and crisis management (where necessary) with guidance from your line manager
- Attending client meetings, confidently presenting PR strategies/results, and providing clients with PR advice where required
- Attending client pitches, where required, and presenting to sell-in PR to help support new business
- Ensuring regular communication with your clients and keeping them up to date at each stage of the project
- Attending industry events and keeping up to date with new PR and digital marketing techniques
- Evaluating performance and impact of media coverage and backlinks on SEO results (full training can be provided for the right candidate.
- Updating agency systems, task management, and resource planning
An Amazing Range of Benefits
So, now we’ve got what we need from you out of the way, we can tell you what you get just for working at Koozai. In fact, there’s so much (including a very competitive salary of up to £30K per annum depending on experience) that you’ll have to find out more here.
If you’re based in the UK and are talented, motivated, and looking to soar in a PR or digital marketing career, fill in the form below to be considered for this role.
Include your CV, contact details, and a covering letter explaining what skills you can bring to Koozai. We’ll ask for a sample of your writing and campaigns if you make our shortlist.
We look forward to hearing from you.
No recruitment agencies, please