Koozai is a grown-up digital marketing agency with a modern approach. Our team is built of recognised specialists working on SEO, paid search, paid social, PR and content marketing campaigns for leading brands across many sectors.
You’ll find our main office in Southampton, but most of the time our team can be found all over the UK. If we’re not visiting our clients or speaking at conferences, you’ll find us dotted about in our regional hubs. Our channel specialists are based in and around Southampton, London, Manchester and Leeds. We support a remote-working model to attract the very best digital marketing talent that the UK has to offer.
What it’s Like to Work at Koozai
As the Content & PR Lead, you will be responsible for the development of the content and PR strategies for our clients. Strategies which will secure the clients’ reputation and brand, support their business growth and engage their target market through the channels which resonate with them.
Working under the guidance of the Head of SEO or Head of Paid you will ensure the strategy supports the overall digital marketing objectives of each client and will provide them with an excellent ROI.
You will be expected to manage and implement the tasks that fall within the scope of these channels, such as doing outreach to blogs and publications, reputation and brand management, creating hero content pieces, link building, crisis management, and writing other forms of content where required. The Content & PR Lead is a position which also requires exceptional written English skills and as you will have line management responsibility for the other members of the team, people management experience is also required.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be based in the UK with the rest of your team.
Ideally, you will live near our main hub in Southampton, but we’re always willing to speak to exceptional candidates who are a little further afield.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of delivering strong results in competitive industries (in-house or agency)
- Proven experience in effective people management skills
- A black book of media contacts and social influencers across travel, lifestyle, tech, finance or automotive categories would be desirable
- Comfortable speaking on the phone with media publications, journalists and the media
- Solid experience in all aspects of public relations and content, including strategy development, research, creation, outreach, brainstorming and planning
- Work as a team player whilst being able to work on set individual performance goals and KPIs
- Knowledge and skill in producing succinct and effective presentations, understanding the need for a clear narrative
- Ability to work across numerous accounts, to tight deadlines and deliver results
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics and content management platforms (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and literacy skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Knowledge of SEO, paid media and other digital marketing disciplines (preferred, but not essential)
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities will be expected from you in your role as Content & PR Lead at Koozai.
- Overall responsibility for the development of the public relations and content strategy for our clients and for the agency
- Ensuring there is clarity about the outcomes expected and an annual plan which is based on customer journeys and data insight and that utilises the full range of available channels
- Strategic planning and implementing targeted content & PR strategies that tie in with the goals and KPIs of client campaigns
- Managing ideation and brainstorming sessions ahead of content and PR campaigns
- Managing clients, including their expectations, and keeping them up to date at each stage of the project
- Attending client kick-off meetings to gain an understanding of the projects and goals of campaigns that we need to work towards
- Promote our clients’ content, outreach their campaigns, and pitch stories ideas to journalists, bloggers and influencers to gain media coverage and backlinks to our clients’ websites
- Developing, nurturing and building positive relationships with key media and industry contacts
- Guide and support clients with crisis management, brand and reputation management
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of PR and content activities, analysing campaign performance and guiding the team accordingly
- Identifying and producing hooks to ensure clients gain coverage and quality backlinks to their website
- Use of the PR software database, distribution and reporting platform
- Sourcing and tailoring outreach media contact lists
- Carrying out backlink analysis and link reclamation analysis to support the SEO team
- Deliver in-depth content gap analysis using a variety of first and third-party data search and audience data sources
- Researching and writing press releases, contributing articles, features and news stories
- Producing high-quality written and visual content for client campaigns on an ongoing basis
- The development and growth of the PR and content department
- Team training and support
- Team KPI management
- Attending industry events to keep up to date with new techniques and encouraging team members to do the same
- New business support and pitching
- Championing new tools, services and techniques and ensuring the agency has the right tools for the job
- Identifying areas for improvement across the team so processes can change and Koozai can provide the best PR & content offering possible
- Assisting in the management of key accounts
- Line management and the development of the content & PR team
- Supporting the team with task management and resource planning
- Reporting and direct communication with clients
- Attending meetings in-person and by teleconference
- Working with internal team and freelancers as required
- Promoting and representing Koozai from a content & PR perspective
An Amazing Range of Benefits
So, now we’ve got what we need from you out of the way, we can tell you what you get just for working at Koozai. In fact, there’s so much (including a very competitive salary) that you’ll have to find out more here.
If you’re based in the UK, and are talented, motivated and looking to soar in a digital marketing career, fill in the form below to be considered for this role.
Include your CV, contact details and a covering letter explaining what skills you can bring to Koozai. We’ll ask for a sample of your content writing and campaigns if you make our shortlist.
We look forward to hearing from you.
No recruitment agencies please