Ten Tips for Choosing the Right SEO Company
If you’ve been trying to get your web pages ranked in the top of the search engines by yourself but are struggling, you may just decide to use the services of a professional search engine optimisation (SEO) company.
The big question is how do you go about picking a company to become your search marketing partner? How do you find a good SEO company that can do this effectively?
Here’s our top tips to choosing a good SEO company:
- Seek a referral from a trusted contact. Sounds obvious but who do you know (supplier, partner, business contact) who may already have gone through this selection process?
- Do a search! What phrase do you think a good search engine optimisation company should be ranked for? Obviously, the phrase you search for is an individual choice but go with what you feel and look through the top 10.
- Do some research about the SEO company. Look at the search engines and see if anyone has written anything positive (or even negative!) about them.
- Review the company’s testimonials but also see if you can talk one or two of their clients directly.
- Don’t believe anyone who promises you the No 1 spot at Google. Google updates regularly and, that aside, no one can guarantee top spot. The search engines just doesn’t work that way! Yes, you can rank highly, but you can’t always be No 1 at Google. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.
- Read their case studies. If they have none, ask why or just move on to a company that does.
- Cheap isn’t always a bargain. If someone promises to rank you in the top 5 at Google for a really low fee, you know that they are lying.
- Review multiple companies before you decide. Do your due diligence and find the best company for your needs. Compare like for like.
- Find out about contract terms up front. What length of time are you committed for? Yes, SEO can take time to have an effect but that doesn’t mean you should be locked-in to some lengthy contract period.
- Review the appropriate company registration site for your country to ensure you are dealing with a legitimate SEO company.
At Koozai, we’re proud of the results we’ve achieved for our clients and would encourage you to review our search engine optimisation case studies.
Share this post