The Importance of Search Engine Marketing
Why is Search Engine Optimisation and Pay Per Click advertising so important?
Today I’d like to take a look at a few of the reasons why Search Engine Marketing is proving so vital for businesses across the world. Incorporating the likes of Paid Search (otherwise know as PPC) and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), it is a varied sector that requires a fair degree of expertise to properly master.
Search engines are a funnel for Internet traffic, which makes them an obvious place for marketers to target. Here are just a few of the reasons why search engine marketing services are considered to be so important to modern businesses:
- The search engines are the web surfers first point of contact when it comes to finding what they want online and statistics show that over 90% go on to make a purchase / conversion. It would be a grave mistake to miss out on this amount of highly converting targeted traffic.
- If your website isn’t optimised for your specific keywords then you are practically invisible to your online target audience.
- Google, MSN Search, Yahoo! Search and Ask Jeeves between them powered 81% of all search traffic in the UK during September 2006.
- Having an effective and useful website will provide you with a 24 hour online sales representative that will be consistently available to prospective clients. If you produce relevant quality content that effectively sells your products then part of your sales pitch is already done for you and hasn’t taken up any of your time!
- Appearing in the search engine’s natural listings is completely free of charge making search engine optimisation extremely cost effective producing a fantastic ROI.
- An effectively managed Pay Per Click campaign can provide large quantities of pre-qualified leads within hours. The ad can be easily set up within minutes gaining you top placements in the major search engines and instantly bringing in highly converting traffic.
- You are in complete control of the budget and campaign meaning that you can determine your own daily, weekly or monthly budget, keywords and keywords phrases you want to appear for and how long you want to run the ad for.
If you have a business and are serious about getting the maximum exposure possible then you cannot overlook the power of the search engines.
Share this post