Call 0845 485 1219
We love digital - Call and say hello - Mon - Fri, 9am - 5.30pm
by Anna George on 14th March 2011
Last week we looked at the new Google AdWords Campaign Experiments (ACE) feature and tried it out for ourselves to see how it worked.
We set up one of our campaigns to run an experiment. We set the split with control at 50/50 of total impressions to the campaign and told Google to increase our bid prices by 100% for the experiment.
Well, interesting! Overall the results weren’t astonishing, we did get an additional conversion through an experiment impression (wow!) but the concept behind the experiments feature is great and what we were really interested in.
The campaign we used had relatively low traffic but as you can imagine a bid increase of 100% on a campaign that has thousands of impressions per day can be quite a significant change on spend!
Other things to consider
At present the Adwords Campaign Experiments tool is not fully supported by AdWords Editor, therefore seeing scheduling and making amends to experiments needs to be done through the AdWords interface only.
Bid Management Tools
Bid management tools will continue to work as normal with ACE however it is recommended you speak to your software provider to ensure your system is fully integrated and to learn their best practices for running experiments with ACE. You might not want your bid management software taking over your experiments as well!
For some serious data to review, we will be trying this on a campaign that has slightly higher traffic to get the numbers rolling.
Give it a go yourself! Let us know how you found it and what sort of things you experimented with. Happy testing!