Call 0845 485 1219
Whilst there are clearly many things that SEO can’t achieve, not least on the business side of your online enterprise, it can help you where it really matters, online visibility.
This blog post explores 7 ways that SEO can help your online business succeed. From the obvious to the obscure, you’d be surprised how a little optimisation can go a long way for any ecommerce site.
1) Outrank your competitors – If you’re seen by customers first, then you’re far more likely to convert. SEO will help improve rankings throughout, including for individual product pages, which should help to attract more search visitors.
2) Convert visitors into customers – SEO copywriting not only helps to optimise a product page, it can also help visitors dip into their pockets. A strong call to action and emotive writing throughout can make all the difference.
3) Improve SERPs and on page clarity – A major part of SEO is ensuring that page headings, Meta descriptions and sub-headings are optimised for both search engines and visitors. Therefore it may help you to provide added clarity within SERPs as well as on the page itself. Customers know what they’re looking for, you just have to convince them that you’re the one to buy it from.
4) Identifying site issues – SEO isn’t just about adding keywords to a site left, right and centre, it’s far more complex than that. Any SEO Company worth their salt will work hard to see if there are any duplicate content or page load errors blighting your site. These can be off-putting to customers and undermine hard work elsewhere so it is vital that they’re picked up.
5) Encourage additional traffic streams – Whilst search engine optimisation is primarily targeted at search engines, stating the obvious, often the work that is completed will help open up other avenues of business. For example, whilst developing a link building strategy and carrying out directory submission, SEO provides you with added visibility and may well increase targeted traffic from these additional sources.
6) Attract local customers – One strand of SEO is called Local Search. This is effectively where you optimise a site to be shown in search results for certain geographical localities. So if you have a physical store as well as an online ecommerce presence, this presents a fantastic opportunity to promote both, whilst targeting consumers within your immediate surroundings.
7) Gain targeted traffic – SEO is all about improving rankings and online visibility; with the increase in exposure that you gain, you can attract more eyes, more clicks and more customers. Whilst there’s no finite guarantee, SEO is still the best way of making sure the right people find your site; the first step to creating a successful ecommerce business.
For all of SEO’s many positives, one thing it can’t do is cure the incurable. If your business is failing due to poor service, high prices, an unprofessional website and an overcrowded competitive marketplace, SEO won’t provide a magic cure.
On the Internet consumers can leap from site to site in a matter of seconds. If they like what they see, are happy with the cost, then you may have yourself a customer. But if you can’t back up your online ranking with the same high standard of service, they will simply move on and find somewhere that does.
SEO is, however, ideal for the purposes of helping a good site get better. Making sure that it gets the attention it deserves and boosting its income as a result. SEO is certainly a solution, but don’t expect it to be a miracle cure.
Copyright © 2006 - 2014, Koozai Ltd