Christmas Comes Early To Online Retailers
By now, online retailers should have made sure that their websites are ready for the predicted online Christmas rush on the 8th December.
Predictions from IMRG and Capgemini have reported that the peak of 2008’s online shopping will be on the 8th December between 1pm and 2pm. Due to the current economic climate shoppers will be spending more time looking around for the most competitive deals.
If you haven’t already, now is the time to make sure that website is fully functional and ready to sell.
Consider the following:
- Is the content on the site a true reflection of the product? Are all the sizes, dimensions and measurements listed correctly? Remember when users are buying online they are reliant upon your descriptions which could make or break a sale.
- Are items in stock? If you have sold out of stock list this on the site preferably with a date when you expect to have the product back in stock. There is nothing worse than thinking you have found the perfect present only to be emailed a day later to be told it is out of stock.
- Is your shopping basket working correctly?
- Are the delivery charges clearly shown? Personally I hate it when you get to the last stage of checkout and delivery is added.
- If delivery is free make sure all your visitors know this.
- Have you sent your Christmas email newsletters to your current customers to remind them about your website and products?
Online retailers had better be quick if they want to make sure they get their share of this year’s online Christmas spending.
Christmas 2008 – Online Shopping Trends
Share this post